The key to fast dental pain relief is consistency
Dental Pain Relief Tips
Tooth sensitivity, cavities, and extraction recovery can surely get in the way of a productive day. However, when you decide to speed up the process, you can start to feel better before you know it. In fact, when it comes to dental pain relief, it’s all about consistency. Here are some tips to make the dental pain relief process as fast as possible.
- If experiencing sensitivity to hot or cold foods and accompanying the weakening of enamel, use a specially formulated toothpaste to ease symptoms.
- Your dentist can recommend specific brands.
- In some cases, dentists can prescribe high-fluoride toothpaste for additional protection.
- For cavities, alleviate pain by rinsing with warm saltwater.
- This can both clear food particles from the area and provide swelling treatment.
- To prevent any further irritation, do not use hot or cold water.
- Rinsing this way can provide temporary pain relief until you can see a dentist for treatment of the cavity.
- When recovering from an extraction, be gentle on your teeth.
- Eat soft foods to prevent any irritation of healing gums.
- Use a cold compress to ease swelling.
- Do not take aspirin, as blood thinners can slow down the process of clotting.
- Use over-the-counter pain medication, as needed.
- Both ibuprofen and acetaminophen are effective options for dental pain relief.
- However, it is critical to check with your dentist before taking any over-the-counter pain reliever following a dental procedure
As always, for preventative dental pain relief, make sure you brush your teeth twice per day and floss once per day. Using mouthwash regularly also eliminates bacteria buildup around your teeth and in your mouth. It is also helpful to eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water. If you eat too much processed or sugary foods, your teeth will have plaque build up which can lead to cavities and other tooth decay problems. Drinking water helps wash away these particles and keeps your smile shiny and fresh.
Dental emergencies happen, and if you are struggling with pain, follow our dental pain relief tips. When your symptoms persist, all you have to do is give us a call and talk with our professionals about the right next steps.
Emergency Dental Services From Dr. Marino & Associates | Dental Pain Relief
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we will continue to play our own roles in easing the spread of this virus. In response to Governor DeWine’s plan of action, we have closed all offices across our network for all elective services, but continue to offer the same quality emergency dental care. Our patients can still count on us for emergency extractions, help with dental pain relief, and treatment of dislodged or avulsed teeth.
Our dentists and other staff have dedicated themselves to taking a proactive approach to stop the spread; all patients and staff will be screened for fever by taking temperatures and will be asked if they have had a history of shortness of breath, fever, or cough before entering our treatment areas. In addition, Dr. Marino & Associates staff will be sanitizing all offices at all locations multiple times each day. We commit to providing consistent updates to our patients as well as giving the same quality care.
Special hours every Wednesday, 1PM to 3PM, for our elderly and vulnerable patients
Following our tips for dental pain relief and management will surely help you feel better. Sometimes, you will end up needing emergency dental care from the professionals. We don’t want you to not seek the care you need due to financial burdens or barriers.
Here at Dr. Marino & Associates and Dr. Nassif & Associates, we accept a range of payment options to accommodate all of our patients. Whether you need dental pain relief, dental implants, cleanings and X-rays, facial services, and more, we will guide you to the most affordable option. We offer DentalDirect, which is an exclusive dental discount program offered at all of our locations. Enrolled members receive 15-55% off of all dental services. Plus, there is no yearly maximum and no monthly premium.
We also accept CareCredit, the nation’s leading patient payment program. We are happy to accept most preferred provider organization (PPO) insurances as well. We never want you to not get the dental pain relief or dental care you need due to financial implications, so contact us today to determine the right payment plan for you.
When you need affordable dental services and assistance with dental pain relief, we are here for you. There’s a reason we’ve been voted #1 dentist in the Akron area. Our patients trust us to deliver the best, quality care and services. Contact us today to see how we can help you have a brighter smile.