Dentists are trained extensively in the oral and maxillofacial areas. These areas include everything on the face from the chin to the forehead. This training far exceeds almost all other healthcare professional’s training who might deliver Botox to patients. Due to the fact that Dentists are extremely familiar with the facial, oral and perioral areas, they are able to take care of potential complications in these areas making them the most capable and often preferred choice to deliver injectables.
5 Benefits of Receiving Botox from your dentist:
- It can be used to address headaches caused by muscle tension in your face, neck, jaw (TMJ issues), or head.
- It can be used to stop consistent grinding and clenching of your teeth.
- Your dentist can use dental Botox to fix a gummy smile that is caused by your upper lip being over-retracted.
- Dental Botox can be used to address inverted smiles, puckered lines, and lip lines.
- There is less risk of having complications when you opt for Botox from your dentist.
As we mentioned earlier, the way this dental treatment works, wrinkles and lines on your face are temporarily smoothed when injected with Botox, giving you a rejuvenated appearance. That makes it a great way to alleviate pain caused by temporomandibular joint disorders. Dental Botox can be used to relax the muscles that are causing you pain. It is also often used to lower the number of contractions of the muscles that lead to you clenching and grinding your teeth.